Ones to Watch: November 2010

Welcome to the launch of a new blog feature, fellow bookworms! At the beginning of each month, I'd like to point out some upcoming titles that seem worthy of being read. Granted, this is just my opinion on books that I personally want to read.

DISCLAIMER: I'm all over the place when it comes to genre, so there will most likely be books that don't appeal to you. There might also be something you're looking forward to not on the list. We're sure to have some titles in common, though! (There's also a good chance I won't get to every book I want to read, so if doesn't show up as a review here, it doesn't mean I didn't care for it! Plus, there are some books that I may want to look at due to a summary or cover image but may decide not to read because it's not *my* personal type of book, and that's okay, too. Still pointing them out early!)

S P O T L I G H T O N : M A T C H E D B Y A L L I E C O N D I E



This is THE book I've been looking forward to since the summer. I'm really into Dystopian Teen Fantasy right now, so to me, Matched sounds AMAZING.

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate...until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
(from www.bn.com)


o n e s t o w a t c h ( N o v . 2 0 1 0 )


N o v . 2 :




(New Robin McKinley? PLUS a book about a pegasus? Yes, please! Not to mention, an awesome-looking cookbook by Rachael Ray and the Bartimaeus prequel!)


N o v . 9 :



(Another mermaid book for my collection, and two others that sound interesting...)

N o v . 1 6 :



(I don't know anything about this, but it seems intriguing. Plus, I enjoyed reading another Japanese novel translated into English, The Book of Heroes, earlier this year...)

N o v . 2 3 :




(I love Diane Chamberlain. If you like authors such as Jodi Picoult and Jacquelyn Mitchard, you'll like her, too! I haven't read Orson Scott Card in a while, but this book sounds pretty awesome--and it's teen fantasy!)


N o v . 3 0 :




(Okay, so I know Jane Eyre is not new by any stretch of the imagination, but this edition of the book IS. And with a cover that gorgeous, I *HAVE* to own it!! Plus, Matched. I talked about it earlier...need I say more? Number One Must-Read of the Season! Hopefully it's as terrific as I want it to be!)




So, which books are you looking forward to this month, Bookworms? Any of the above? Something I totally missed? I want to know! (Ah, it's so sad that if all goes well for NaNo, I won't be reading ANY of these (save for the Rachael Ray, but as a cookbook, it doesn't count in quite the same fashion as the others) until next month--or later if I'm on a roll! ;_; Actually, my "reward" if I complete NaNo will be allowing myself to read Matched as my first book in a month (followed by two highly-anticipated ARCs: Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult, though for obvious reasons, I won't have reviews of either up here until closer to publication next year...)

Comments