Cover Crazy: GIRL OF NIGHTMARES by Kendare Blake




Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."



Why I Love This Cover:


Last week, Kendare Blake revealed the cover for GIRL OF NIGHTMARES, the sequel to ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD. Once again, her designers have produced a stunning cover:







It's even creepier than the first cover, which was pretty darn creepy in its own right. The first time around, I loved the monochrome with a dash of red. This time, it's all red (and white/pinkish..). It looks like she's beckoning you to join her in hell. Lost souls are popping out of the red lake to grab at her. It's so creepy and disturbing...and absolutely eye-caching!



What do you think? What cover are you crazy about this week?

Comments

  1. I love these covers, but the idea behind the books seem to scary for my whimpy self. =)

    Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this cover around the blogoshere last Friday I think? I absolutely love it! I thought about waiting until Monday and featuring it for this meme but I couldnt wait so I did a post specifically for it. The red is amazing!

    My Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer the first one, but this one is amazing as well. i wonder if the image was a little sharper with stronger contrast if i'd like it best...
    i need to add these to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first one much better, probably because its more contrasty (is that even a word?). Anyways, I still do like the 2nd cover. I really want to get my hands on the first book. I hear its really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this second cover. It is so intriguing! I haven't read the first yet, but it sounds pretty good.
    Here is my CC:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/10/cover-crazy-13-struck.html
    Happy Reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both the covers. I really want to read Anna Dressed in Blood. It's been on my wishlist for over four months. The second cover looks amazing as well.

    I'm a new follower btw!

    I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I love how these covers tend to stick to color schemes. The red and white really makes this one pop.

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!