Cover Crazy: ELEMENTAL by Antony John


Cover Crazy is hosted by The Book Worms. Each week, bloggers "admire the art and beauty of a book’s design, so I’m going to post minimal words. It is up to you to write how you feel and what you like about it the way you’d like to."

I just saw the cover for ELEMENTAL by Antony John on GoodReads and omg, I want this book even MORE!  Is that humanly possible?
 
Take a look:




ELEMENTAL by Antony John:


I recently read and reviewed Antony John's incredible novel FIVE FLAVORS OF DUMB, but it's the upcoming ELEMENTAL that has me truly excited.  November is still so very, incredibly far away (So if someone gets an ARC, you know who you should share it with? Hint, hint! ^.~)
 
I have wanted this book ever since my beloved Ashley from Basically Amazing Books interviewed Antony during Just Contemporary this past November and asked about his fourth novel.  It reminded me a bit of a show I love called AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER.  I always love things that utilize the elements.  The more I hear about this novel, the more I want it.  I covet it.  I MUST read this!!!!!
 
And this cover?  It's breath-taking!  I will say that it reminds me a bit of Veronica Roth's DIVERGENT, with the fire element swirling in the air on top of a landscape image.  But it's also unique!  I love the font used for the title.  I want to know what that object is underneath the title.  I love the choppy waters and the storm brewing.  Why is that ship on the water in such weather?  Is this a magical storm?  This cover intrigues me and makes me want to know a LOT more.  
 
I would pick this up blind!!  Would you?


What do you think of my choice this week?

Comments

  1. OMG! I didn't realize this was Antony John's! I am so excited now, I have been waiting for the release of Thou Shalt Not Road Trip after reading and reviewing Five Flavors of Dumb. Sigh...I love this! =D

    Here's my Cover Crazy!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It's so extraordinarily different from everything else he's done. It sounds revolutionary, though. I'm having a really hard time waiting for this one!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!