Mad About Nails: OPI's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Line

 
Welcome to my brand-new feature!  I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past month and ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc.  So recently when I was in NYC and some book bloggers were commenting on my nails, I had a realization:  Why not do a feature on nail polish?  It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun.  Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).  What do you think?  I think I'm officially toeing the "too crazy" line now...






I bought the above nail polish haul on Tuesday, brought it all home, and promptly painted my nails.  I took the following picture this morning.


This week I'm wearing a two-layered base coat of "Your Web or Mine?" from OPI's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN collection and a top coat of "Shatter the Scales" from the same collection.  I topped it all off with OPI RapiDry Top Coat.

All of my nails broke a couple of weeks ago, which made me really annoyed, because they'd finally begun growing out  nicely.  Sorry for showing you such short, stubby fingers!!  Plus, I rubbed my index finger against something and tore off all the polish, so I just repainted it and a bit of the polish is on my finger. ^^;;  And since I'm right handed, I usually take a picture of my left hand, but the shatter on my left hand sucks, so it's not the most focused picture.  The next still shot will come out better ^_^


I bought some new nail polish this week, too.  I showcase it all in the above video.

From Target, I purchased Sally Hansen Magnetic Nail Color in "Graphite Gravity."  It's on sale through tomorrow, Saturday, May 26th for $8.99 at Target!


I also stopped at ULTA on the way to Best Buy and wound up with quite a haul!  I picked up a five-pack of ULTA brand nail polishes called POP AGANDA (Not agenda as I said in the video, oops!) for $9.95.  The colors have the best names: "Wham!," "Bam!," "Ka-Pow!," "Bang!," and "Zoom!"

ULTA brand also had a four-pack MAGNETIC collection for $9.99 that comes with a magnet and features the colors "Opposites Attract," "Put a Ring on It," "Rules of Attraction," and "Polar Opposites."

Finally, I snagged three colors from OPI's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN collection from the upcoming summer blockbuster.  I also received a free yellow OPI Pocket File with a promotion ULTA is running this week with an OPI purchase.  The nail file is stored in plastic and pops out for easy access.  The OPI colors I picked up were "Your Web or Mine?," "Just Spotted the Lizard!," and "Shatter the Scales."


 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What are you wearing right now?

Comments