{Mad About Nails} Fairy Tale Nail Art

Click here to go back to the Fairy Tale Fortnight Main Page, 
where you can access the schedule!
Here's what's going on at A Backwards Story!
 Or go here to get involved!
&
I've had quite a few people comment on my nails in the past ask what I was using or wish I'd done a close-up so they could see better, etc., etc., and had a realization: Why not do a feature on nail polish? It's not book-related (Unless you're wearing the new HUNGER GAMES-inspired line from China Glaze, but I'm not even going into how wrong that is...), but it's fun. Plus, if I do this feature, I'll be more likely to re-paint my nails this week and less likely to let them chip their way to the bare bones (which would mean that I could see my nails...and if I see them, I want to bite them!).

Welcome back to another edition of Mad About Nails! 

I haven't painted my nails yet for the weekend.  I delayed this post thinking I would last night, but...I didn't.  So maybe there will be a second post this weekend because, really, would you want to see Easter nails next week?
...I wouldn't, either.

I've been really looking forward to sharing some of the fairy tale nail designs I've spotted online over the last few months!


Some of the designs are totally doable, while others are just mouth-wateringly incredible to look at.  I  only wish I had the skills for some of these designs!

I compiled a total of 35 (so far!) Pinterest pins, but here's a tantalizing taste at what some artists have turned out!


Nail polish companies also put out product inspired by nail polish.  Usually, they're limited edition polishes, but sometimes they stick around for good in the permanent collections, such as the white "Snow White" by Zoya, the shimmery blue "Cinderella" by Sinful Colors, etc.

I have no clue how new/old this Avon collection is, but I LOVE the poster!


I REALLY wanted the Essence Snow White Collection, but it was only available overseas last year. Grrrrrr!


The Essence Fairytale Collection DID, however, come to the USA, and I managed to snag three colors in the collection (and also one of the lipglosses!) before it disappeared!


And while not DIRECTLY fairy tale-related, you can buy OPI's brand-new OZ: The Great and Powerful Collection at ULTA, Trade Secret, and other salon stores now!



 Is anyone else obsessed with nail polish? What fairy tale polish do YOU have/want?

Comments

  1. The mermaid tail on the nail is insane! That would drive me nuts! (but I think it's awesome)

    I would love the Frog Prince theme. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Frog Prince one is adorable! I'm not really into makeup but as soon as it has a literary connection I want it all! There were some lovely Alice collections when the Tim Burton movie came out. I think there are some Disney Princess pallets out at the moment too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those are really cool! I like the frog prince and sleeping beauty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Frog Prince ones are cute. And Little Mermaid - cool, but I'd have it busted before five minutes was up. I also really like Cinderella with the castle, but would never have the patient for something like that. These are a really fun collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish my nails would stay long so I could get my nails done! These are really cool!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to stop and comment! I appreciate it more than I can say. I try to respond to each one!