Alternative Free Fridays: CINDERELLA GEEK by K. Sean Jennkrist


Not interested in the weekly Free Fridays title offered by Barnes and Noble?
I'm usually not, either!

I thought about it and realized just how many free e-books I've found and downloaded onto my nook. I decided to start sharing some freebies with you!

No matter your e-reader, no matter if you get the official weekly book or not,  I hope you enjoy my alternatives!

You might have seen today's post coming if you caught my review of CINDERELLA GEEK yesterday!

Here's today's freebie:



Title: CINDERELLA GEEK
Author: K. Sean Jennkrist
 


Available FOR FREE from:
Barnes & Noble

* This title is 99¢ on Amazon Kindle and isn't available on KOBO

WHY?


*This book has been on my nook for a long, long time. I snagged this and NOT SO SNOW WHITE a couple of years ago, but I never got around to reading either of them!

When I saw BN offering CINDERELLA GEEK for free, I decided it was time to read one of the free books I was going to recommend to you!

If you like fairy tales or teen chick flicks like She's All That and Never Been Kissed, this movie will be right up your alley!

Check out my review for more information!

SUMMARY: 


Sixteen and a geek. Delores Chimayo wants to cross over to the other side. Pretty, popular, and a social success is everything she's not. And now she has a plan, ten steps to gain stardom and erase geekdom. But even the best made plans can take some disastrous turns and come out in a way never expected. 

Maybe that's because she has a few working against her. A stepmom, who Delores secretly calls Cruella, seems to criticize her every move; a sister, Eileen, a preppy cheerleader who at thirteen has already had four boyfriends; and Sheila Thompson, the queen of snobs. She will stop at nothing to gain popularity, and that includes stomping out the competition like Delores. 

Adding to outside distractions is her home life that's far from idyllic. Delores' dad is doing rescue work thousands of miles away in Ecuador. Her mother passed away when Delores was only twelve. That leaves Grandma Jordan and Aunt Gloria in her corner. They serve up plenty of support. Somehow, with friends like Trey, Lucy, and Penelope, Delores manages to work through her plan, tweaking and adjusting details along the way. 

Venturing on the other side doesn't turn out to be as sweet a victory as Delores might have guessed, but there are attractive points. Like Griffin Montgomery, the hottie who every girl, including Sheila, would love to have as a boyfriend. It's a duel between the geeks and the populars. 

Eventually, Delores has to decide what is important enough to fight for and manage to find a happily-ever-after ending in CINDERELLA GEEK, a modern-day fairy tale for teens.

Comments