{Picture Book Review+Vlog} LOLA DUTCH by Kenneth & Sarah Jane Wright



O P E N I N G   L I N E:



THIS IS LOLA. Lola Dutch.
She can never have too much fun!

(pg. 1, US Hardcover Edition)


LOLA DUTCH by Kenneth and Sarah Jane Wright is super cute and fun. Anyone who loves Fancy Nancy, Eloise, or Olivia is going to embrace Lola Dutch with open arms.

Lola Dutch has a crazy active imagination and she is ALWAYS doing something. She actually reminds me a lot of my four-year-old niece. Full of energy, always ready to try something new, forever inventing new things, and never wanting to go to bed at night because there's just so much more to do--even when she's exhausted!

I think a lot of little kids are like that, and Lola Dutch's adventures will resonate with adults and children alike!

I also really like the way harder words are highlighted in capital letters throughout the novel. The Wrights don't dumb things down for kids or use simpler words. Much like the Fancy Nancy series, they sprinkle harder language throughout--and even some French!

Even cooler? One of the book flaps has CUT OUT PAPER DOLLS and the endpapers create a background to play on. How cute and inspired is that? I don't think I've seen a book before that turns into a play area in quite that fashion. What an innovative addition that adds to the fun for hours!


My niece with her brand-new copy of LOLA DUTCH
and the adorable headband Bloomsbury sent as a surprise gift!


Here's a closer look at this fantastic picture book. You'll really get a feel for its style and need to check it out in person!


YouTube Link



O F F I C I A   I N F O:

Title: LOLA DUTCH
Authors: Kenneth & Sarah Jane Wright
Release Date: January 30, 2018
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children's
Received: For Review 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35697920-lola-dutch
SUMMARY:

Meet Lola Dutch, a creative girl who is bursting with grand ideas. 

From the best ways to serve breakfast -- an elegant feast! -- to the ideal sleeping spot -- a majestic blanket fort, of course! -- Lola is inspired all day long. 

Her dear companion Bear sometimes says she is just too much, but Lola is rich with imagination and originality, which even Bear will agree is AMAZING.The unstoppable Lola Dutch is about to show you how to make every day grand and full of fun. You'll love her so much!


Comments